Friday, January 11, 2008

In Like a Lamb


Happy New Year!

just in case anyone out there is still reading this :)
I promise to get on the ball soon, however, today won't be the day. Things are slow for the moment in Cape Town. Basically everything shuts down in South Africa from December 15th - Jan 15th as half the population makes a long trek home (usually Western Cape province to Eastern Cape province) to see family. The schools don't get going till next week and even then a lot of kids aren't back yet. The kids who are here aren't settled enough for programs to start.

So that means we get going slowly as well. Grassroot Soccer took advantage of this lull (as it's similar around most of southern africa at least) to hold our Master Training of Trainers course in Zambia. That's where I am headed tomorrow! Some of you may remember me saying I was going to Zam originally and you would be correct. I was only placed in Cape Town in June. So I finally get to see where I would have been - a place that's a little more, well, African.
I probably won't have internet, or if I do it will be reminicent of the days of dial up. In fact, it probably is dial up. So I'll be back on my blog in Feb. No doubt with lots of pretty pictures. I'll try to throw something in here just to make this a little more interesting. Hope everyone's year is off to a great start, more to come soon!


2 of our 4 trainers in Western Cape, Wewe and Lele



taken the same day at a tournament in Cape Flats

No comments: